Get In Touch

Contact Thrive Treatment to learn more about our innovative substance abuse, dual-diagnosis  & mental health treatment programs for teens, young adults, & adults in Los Angeles, California.

icon_widget_image 3101 Ocean Park Blvd #309 Santa Monica, CA 90405 icon_widget_image 10837 Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232 icon_widget_image 23281 Leonora Dr, Woodland Hills, CA 91367, United States icon_widget_image 1-855-232-1334 icon_widget_image

Anthem Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment Provider

Anthem Blue Cross
Drug Rehab

Given the sheer size and scale, you can be covered by Anthem in several ways.


Does Anthem Cover Drug Rehabs?

How Your Anthem Blue Cross Health Insurance Can Help Pay for Substance Abuse & Mental Health Treatment.

Be it alcohol or drug addiction, putting a price on your health is the last thing you want to think about when seeking vitally needed care for a substance abuse problem. It’s tough enough getting to the point that you or a loved one accepts that help is needed in beating addiction, add to that the cost factor and it can start to raise the stress levels.

“Money is no object” some say or “money isn’t everything” say others, but that luxury of thought isn’t available or afforded to everyone. At Thrive Treatment, we know the financial strain that the addiction itself inevitably brings and, moreover, we understand the intimidation that the cost of rehab carries with it.

That said, the last thing you want to do is cut corners with treatment.

Addiction is a serious disorder and you want to be sure you’re giving yourself or a loved one the absolute best shot of making it to the promised land of sustained recovery and sobriety.

Insurance is the saving grace when it comes to making sure the right care for you is affordable.

With treatment for substance abuse disorders now considered an essential health benefit, Anthem does cover costs associated with rehab. The degree and amount of coverage are dependent on your individual plan though.

These things can be confusing, insurance policies are often esoteric and confusing documents to sift through, leaving you with more questions than answers. If you’re unsure, even in the slightest, about what your Anthem plan covers, reach out to us and our admissions team will do whatever research is necessary to find out exactly what Anthem includes concerning your particular needs and coverage.

A bit of background on Anthem before diving into coverage. They’re an enormous company and headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. They’re also the largest for-profit managed health care company in the Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Association. Between the 36 independent and locally operated BCBS companies, across all 50 states, 1 in 3 Americans is covered as well as over 5 million federal employees.


We Work With Most Major Insurance

At Thrive Treatment℠ we accept most private insurance plans and we are in network with Cigna, Optum, First Health, and Anthem Blue Cross.  Additional payment options are available so don’t hesitate to give us a call so we can get you the help that you need.


Insurance Companies


How Long Does Anthem Pay for Rehab?

The length of time you’re covered is yet another crucial component to consider and as with all other parts of the rehab and treatment experience, how long Anthem will pay for rehab is related to what the best plan of action is for giving you the greatest chance at beating your addiction.

Treatment can be as short as a month, 30 days or so, or stretch out to many months for substance abuse disorders that are on the more severe end of the spectrum. At Thrive Treatment we make our recommendation of a tailored program, based on our assessment of what’s in your best interest. The insurance company, Anthem in this case, takes that into account when considering the appropriate amount of time to cover. 


Thrive Treatment℠ offers in-person treatment at our Santa Monica, Culver City & Woodland Hills locations for substance abuse & mental health related issues.

Virtual Telemedicine

Thrive Treatment℠ offers virtual telemed options for clients throughout Southern California, giving them access to our expert program.


Begin Your Journey Towards Recovery

Thrive Treatment℠ Center works with most Aetna insurance plans that will help cover the cost of treatment at our program in Los Angeles. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you find healing.


What Does Anthem Cover for Rehab?

Given the sheer size and scale, you can be covered by Anthem in several ways.

The simplest way to look at it is that if it’s deemed a medical necessity, it’s highly likely that’s going to be covered. Given that, substance abuse treatments are generally included in an Anthem plan, especially rehab related to substances like alcohol, opioids like OxyContin or the illicit opioid heroin and benzodiazepines like Xanax, where the detox process is exceedingly dangerous without medical intervention. 

Additionally, Anthem Blue Cross drug rehab coverage will include residential inpatient care as well as outpatient rehab to varying degrees. Ultimately what is and what isn’t covered is related to your needs and the plan itself.

Plans are broken down into basic and straightforward levels of coverage: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. The main difference amongst them all is how the costs are shared between you and the insurer.

Bronze plan

With a Bronze plan, you receive the lowest monthly premium, but with a high deductible. A Bronze plan is your best choice when you do not visit your doctor much but want peace-of-mind protection for medical emergencies.

This plan pays 60% of the costs, leaving you to cover the other 40%. Co-pays will be the highest with the Bronze plan and gets lower and lower as your monthly payments increase in the other plans.

Silver plan

Silver plans offer an average monthly premium, but a lower deductible than a Bronze plan. If you qualify, you can save even more with the Silver plan, including an Advanced Premium Tax Credit and Cost-Sharing Reductions.

The monthly payments rise but with Silver, Anthem pays 70% of the costs and you’d pay the other 30%.

Gold plan

Selecting a Gold plan means the monthly premium is higher, and the deductible is low. Gold is the preferred plan if you require a lot of health care. Almost all of your routine medical care costs are covered.

With more services offered comes a higher price. Gold pays for 80% of your care costs, you cover the remaining 20%.

Platinum plan

When you choose a Platinum plan, you receive the highest monthly premium and the lowest deductible. Platinum is the preferred plan when you rely on routine medical care regularly and want the most coverage.

Naturally, this plan will cost you the most each month and will, in turn, cover the most, as well as keep your co-pays to a minimum. A Platinum plan has you covering 10% of costs while Anthem takes on 90%.


Stories of Hope & Healing

Great Program!

“Great program with friendly staff! I highly recommend you to check it out! They know what they are doing! Tanner R. is the man and provides great customer service! Talk to him and he will point you in the right direction.”

Miles S.

I am Grateful!

“I am grateful for the immediate attention I received from Matt at Thrive Treatment℠ center. He is sensitive and caring and he graciously spent time with me and my husband to help our family situation. In just a short amount of time he made a big difference and gave us hope. He definitely is passionate about helping people and gave us great perspective and advice.”

Laura B.

Top-Notch Program

“Thrive treatment is a top notch program with one of the best clinical teams in LA. When I have clients at Thrive, I know without a doubt they are receiving the authentic help that they desperately need. Thanks Clayton for the amazing program you have built!”

David B.

Great Program!

“Great program with friendly staff! I highly recommend you to check it out! They know what they are doing! Tanner R. is the man and provides great customer service! Talk to him and he will point you in the right direction.”

David F.

Boundlessly Grateful

"Thrive met my son where he was and worked to find the right mix of supports and interventions to help him create a path toward health and wellness. I am boundlessly grateful to the program and its staff. Not only does Thrive offer an array of helpful tools, but it has a staff that cares about the clients, meets them exactly where they are, and tailors treatment to their individual needs."

Lynn M.

Supportive & Informative

"Thrive treatment is a very supportive and informative IOP. I was in one of the sober livings that works with their service, the Last House, and found that in thrive treatment, I was helped not only to process my emotions as they came up, but also learned quite a lot about the different healthy coping mechanisms I could engage in to move forward without being self destructive."

Leo L.

Huge Asset in My Sobriety

"Thrive treatment was a huge asset to me in my sobriety. I will be forever grateful for the entire staff at Thrive. The facility is well furnished and in a great location that makes being there very comfortable. On top of that I felt as though the entire staff was very invested in my recovery."

Ryan S.

Find Out Right Now If Your Health Insurance Covers Treatment


Thrive Treatment’s Rehab Takes Anthem

When you choose Thrive Treatment℠, you can expect a truly individualized program that utilizes evidence-based therapies to assist clients on the path to long-term recovery. 

If you are ready to take action, contact us today or fill out our free insurance verification form here.

We are here to help you find lasting recovery once & for all at Thrive Treatment℠’s intensive outpatient program in Santa Monica.


Get in Touch Now

We are here to help you find lasting recovery once & for all at Thrive Treatment℠’s intensive outpatient program in Santa Monica.

Call Now Button