Skip to content

Cigna
Drug Rehab Centers

Thrive Treatment is, of course, among the many Cigna drug rehab centers across the country and we work hand in hand with them to deliver the most comprehensive treatment possible.

Get Help Now.

Does Cigna Work for Drug Rehab?

While the lows of addiction are devastating, crippling and life-shattering; overcoming addiction is one of the most gratifying, empowering and life-affirming things you or a loved one can do. Sobriety affords you a fresh start and the sturdy foundation upon which to build the life you deserve and pursue dreams and goals you once thought were completely out of reach. 

Before that though, being addicted to drugs or drinking into oblivion is a daunting and isolating existence, downright frightening to experience and creating an utterly helpless and paralyzing feeling among those watching from the outside. 

Rebuilding your life after substance abuse has turned it upside down is by no means an easy thing to do. It takes willingness and commitment from you, finding the right treatment facility for your needs and having an insurance provider that will cover some or all of the costs associated with rehab.

It’s more than fair to worry about the costs related to treatment for addiction, having something like price derail you from getting the help that’s truly needed adds insult to where there’s already a profound injury. We understand that’s a big part of the search for the perfect rehab facility and are beyond willing to be your partners in making sure your time at Thrive Treatment is covered by Cigna before you commit. Our admissions team can even help you verify your benefits, taking as much worry out of the process as possible.

To be clear, we are among the Cigna approved rehab centers and of course, that means they do indeed cover treatment related to drug and alcohol abuse. The specifics of what is included, the duration, etc. are related to your individual plan and uncovering that is only a phone call or a few clicks away. 

Cigna was formed in the early 80s by merger, but their origins date all the way back to the early days of the United States with the company ancestry starting in 1792.

Since becoming Cigna in 1982 they’ve become a global health services company with over 180 million customer and patient relationships in more than 30 countries and jurisdictions.

Their global network of health care providers, clinics and facilities is over 1.5 million strong. Most importantly for you, the network of mental and behavioral health care providers, i.e., Cigna in-network rehab facilities like ours for treating substance abuse disorders, has grown by 70% since 2016 and is at north of 175,000 providers today.

How Long Does Cigna Pay for Rehab?

Simply put, the time horizon for your treatment is based on the severity of your addiction. 

We make an assessment and create a program that’s based on our years of experience ushering and guiding people through the process of recovery from substance abuse. After detox, treatment can last anywhere from a month to a half a year and beyond.

To that end, Cigna will pay for what they deem is medically necessary and that length of time is dependent on several factors.

What Does Cigna Cover for Rehab?

Does Cigna cover inpatient rehab? Hospitalization? There are a lot of options out there and the coverage for substance abuse ranges by plan. Broadly speaking Cigna’s plans will likely include:

  • Outpatient rehab 
  • Intensive outpatient care
  • Partial hospitalization
  • Residential inpatient care

Given the changes to health insurance from the Affordable Care Act, treatment for substance abuse disorders is now considered an essential health benefit and therefore covered on all plans sold via the government’s Health Insurance Exchanges aka Marketplace.

Plans on the Marketplace take the form of bronze, silver, gold and platinum and break down as follows:

Bronze – It has the lowest premium but the highest deductible before it kicks in for in-network providers. It’s the most basic of the plans and pays for 60% of your bill and you cover the rest. Some plans will also help with out-of-network costs as well.

Coinsurance is only picked up after you’ve met the deductible in full.

Silver – A slightly higher monthly premium means this plan covers more, 70% after you’ve met the deductible and you’d be on the hook for the other 30%.

Coinsurance, again paid after the deductible has been met, is generally in the 30 to 50% range.

Gold – Moving yet higher on the monthly premium means you’ll get a higher percentage of the treatment costs covered after the deductible is met. 80% from Cigna, 20% from you.

The range for coinsurance after the deductible for gold plans is estimated to be between 30 and 50%.

Platinum – The most comprehensive of plans and the priciest in terms of the monthly costs, platinum covers 90% of the costs, leaving you to only pay for 10%.

For coinsurance, you can expect between 10 and 30% after meeting your deductible, which is the lowest for platinum plans.

Cigna as well has a Behavioral Health department that’s devoted to administering claims related to the treatment of substance abuse under employer-sponsored plans.

Your employer plan may include:

  • Inpatient and outpatient treatment services, combined with follow-up case management services, if needed.
  • Personalized coaching and support programs that work with your schedule and life challenges.
  • Referrals to local community support groups, behavioral coaches, and online resources.

Naturally, what’s covered varies from state to state and whether out-of-network providers are covered is not a given. It’s imperative to be totally clear on what your plan covers and what costs you’ll be required to pay. You can find that out from your company, Cigna themselves or by getting in touch with us directly.

Additionally, some things may necessitate authorization to be covered and Cigna notes on their website that you need to check your plan documents for information about treatments that may require prior approval by Cigna before you get the service to receive coverage under your plan.

We Work with Most Insurance

At Thrive Treatment℠ we accept most private insurance plans and we are in network with Cigna, MHN Health Net, First Health, and Anthem Blue Cross.  Additional payment options are available so don’t hesitate to give us a call so we can get you the help that you need.

testimonial-miles

“Great program with friendly staff! I highly recommend you to check it out! They know what they are doing! Tanner R. is the man and provides great customer service! Talk to him and he will point you in the right direction.”

Miles S.
testimonial-male-anon-green-1

“Thrive treatment is a top notch program with one of the best clinical teams in LA. When I have clients at Thrive, I know without a doubt they are receiving the authentic help that they desperately need. Thanks Clayton for the amazing program you have built!”

David B.
testimonial-david-f

“Great program with friendly staff! I highly recommend you to check it out! They know what they are doing! Tanner R. is the man and provides great customer service! Talk to him and he will point you in the right direction.”

David F.
testimonial-female-anon-green-1

“I am grateful for the immediate attention I received from Matt at Thrive Treatment℠ center. He is sensitive and caring and he graciously spent time with me and my husband to help our family situation. In just a short amount of time he made a big difference and gave us hope. He definitely is passionate about helping people and gave us great perspective and advice.”

Laura B.

Thrive Treatment's Rehab Takes Cigna

The fight against addiction is a winnable one, you just have to have the right team in your corner. That team includes not only loved ones and the right treatment program but also an insurer like Cigna that’s committed to your sobriety and success. 

Thrive Treatment is, of course, among the many Cigna drug rehab centers across the country and we work hand in hand with them to deliver the most comprehensive treatment possible.

Knowing exactly what your plan covers can’t be overstated. You can find that information in your documents, online, by calling the number on the back of your card or just giving us a call. We’d be more than happy to help you find the answers you need and put your mind at ease.

Get In Touch With Us 24/7

Call Now Button